If you want to amplify your blog to new heights there are a few simple steps you need to take to make this happen. If done on a regular basis your readership will continue to return and may bring additional readers into the loop. As a blogger myself I am always looking for new and exciting ways to keep my readers interested in my blog. The 4 proven steps below should help any lagging blog return to former glory and any blog that has never seen much traffic find itself bogged down with new readers.
1. Reach out to your readers by talking about hot topics. Begin the day by exploring the relevant RSS feeds. By doing this, it’ll help you brainstorm new ideas. Find the hottest issues online and by using articles quickly splash your page with all the latest news. Of course, this should only be focused on your niche or topic. This will keep your target audience interested. Always keep your readers in mind when posting a new article or blog post. It is always best to remember that online users are mainly interested in reading about things they have never heard of before.
2. Always do a thorough analysis and research the topic before converting it to text. It’s important that the subject matter is clearly defined and easy to understand. Give your readers every bit of information that you can find. By doing this you will capture their attention. If possible, it is also a good idea to try and interview anyone who is considered an authority on the subject. The better the information, the better the blog posts. Your audience will surely appreciate all the effort that went into it.
3. Write simple copy. Write your articles as if you were talking to a friend. Keep your readers level of compensation in mind at all times. If you’re targeting the younger crowd, don’t use difficult vocabulary. Otherwise, you will surely lose readers by the groves. Use language that your readers will be accustomed to. This is the best way to get through to them and ensure they stick around.
4. Make a point on always delivering unique content. Don’t copy other people’s work. If you do use quotes. You will only get yourself in trouble by copying other people’s blog posts. It’s a known fact that you can easily ruin your credibility in the online arena by using duplicate content. The search engines frown upon it and so will your readers. If you’re discovered by your readers, they may jump ship and go to where you stole the content from in the first place. The last thing any blogger wants is to lose their readers to their competitor. Correct?
By using articles that are as fresh as the rain on a regular basis you can rest assure that your readers will keep coming back. The meaning is simple. A loyal subscriber is a potential customer and in the online world that is as good as gold.
If you desire using articles as a centerpiece of your internet marketing campaign but don’t possess the necessary skills, don’t fret. It’s not as difficult as you might think. In order for you to become a better writer there are a few simple steps to follow. They are as easy as pie. But first, remember what your goals are. You want to become the greatest online article writer your readers have ever come across. If not the greatest, certainly someone they will look up to and come back to for more information. The powerful methods below are yours to follow and hold onto as you tap your ideas into the keyboard.
1. Ask for an honest assessment of your work. It’s a great idea when you are first starting out to ask your friends and family to offer their feedback. Have them read your articles and ask for their opinion. It’s possible they may say something that you would definitely prefer not to hear. However, this can be a good thing. It gives you that honest feedback that you need in order to fix what needs to be fixed, fill in what needs to be filled and cover what needs to be covered. Discover the most efficient ways on how to correct them. Then, do this over and over again until you have learned to perfect your writing into awesome articles.
2. It is vitally important that you write as much as possible. This is the most effective way to enhance and flourish your creative writing talents. Your skill level will certainly rise if you do this whenever possible, preferably everyday or at least every other day. Write about your passions, hobbies, topics that interest you and topics directly related to your website and to the products it contains. Practice writing about things that interest your readers. It’s in no way a waste of time to write about things that have no bearing on your ebusiness. This is often a great way to combat the dreaded writer’s block. It has and will continue to infect us all, but only at times. Ha!
3. Another way to gather information and learn is by using the various online tools, such as writing webinars. You can almost always find something pertaining to what you need on Google and writing webinars are another useful tool to help build your writing powers to the level of expert. Many online expert’s willingly offer free access to their sites. Waste not, sign up and get moving now. This is also a great way to meet many new people in your field and outside who share the same passions as your own. They will surely be able to pass on many helpful tips and techniques that will help you to achieve your goals. The sooner you sign up, the sooner you will be able to begin using articles in your marketing campaign. I’m not saying this is a necessity. I’m saying if you want to be great, surround yourself with people that are.
Using articles as a way to boost subscribers and sales has been a tactic used by internet marketers for some time now and it isn’t going anywhere. It is effective and long lasting. In order for it to work as it should there are certain things that must be done to create that long lasting effect.
1. Keyword research is of vital importance. Always and I mean always do keyword research before engaging in a certain topic. There are many keyword suggestion tools on the internet that can be used for free. The best and most efficient, I believe, is the Google Adwords keyword tool. Use this and you will become a more proficient article writer. It will quickly and efficiently help you identify the best choice of keyword for any and all topics. Your goal is to have the information your targeted audience is looking for. What better way than to know which keywords have the least amount of resistance in order for your website to be found in the search engines. Thus, giving you a chance to amaze the reader with your knowledge and leadership.
2. What is an article without an effective title? It will be lost in no man’s land, correct? The only way your article stands a chance at being seen is to have a good, creative title with the proper keywords injected. If you were to do a search on your topic you would be sure to find numerous articles. To ensure you outshine the competition use your creative mind and come up with something catchy, original or possibly funny. It is also a good idea to tell them exactly what is in store for them if they decide to read your article. You want to try and hit that emotional hot button and get them to take action.
3. Offer good valuable content. Don’t even think about stealing the work of your competitor. Believe me when I tell you this will not help you with your online endeavor. If you really strive to impress, then simply offer them unique, fresh information and you will be rewarded. You need to impress upon your readership that you can be trusted and that your information is from your heart and your mind, not someone else’s.
4. Another good tactic to build trust is to link to other sources of information. You can easily add links within your articles to outside sites. Don’t be afraid that you will lose potential business by simply adding a link to another information source. Chances are that when they are done they will come back to you. In fact, this will make your articles more impressive in the minds of your readers. The links you provide should only be to show proof of what you’ve written is verifiable. By doing this you will be furthering the bond of trust which is essential in any online relationship.
Using articles as a source of traffic is one of the most effective. It can be time consuming and a little slow to take effect, but it will remain and show its worth as all good stories do.